1. Lee SH, Lee JH, Park YS, Yang KM, Lim CK. Comparison of clinical outcomes between in vitro fertilization (IVF) and intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) in IVF-ICSI split insemination cycles. Clin Exp Reprod Med. 2017; 44(2): 96-104.
2. Cardona Barberán A, Boel A, Vanden Meerschaut F, Stoop D, Heindryckx B. Diagnosis and treatment of male infertility-related fertilization failure. J Clin Med. 2020; 9(12): 3899.
3. Jones C, Meng X, Coward K. Sperm factors and egg activation: phospholipase C zeta (PLCZ1) and the clinical diagnosis of oocyte activation deficiency. Reproduction. 2022; 164(1): F53-F66.
4. Wang M, Zhu L, Liu C, He H, Wang C, Xing C, et al. A novel assisted oocyte activation method improves fertilization in patients with recurrent fertilization failure. Front Cell Dev Biol. 2021; 9: 672081.
5. Tavalaee M, Nomikos M, Lai FA, Nasr-Esfahani MH. Expression of sperm PLCζ and clinical outcomes of ICSI-AOA in men affected by globozoospermia due to DPY19L2 deletion. Reprod Biomed Online. 2018; 36(3): 348-355.
6. Haghighat S, Tavalaee M, Kouhkan A, Zakeri Z, Noureddini M, Shahverdi AH, et al. Reduction of truncated kit expression in men with abnormal semen parameters, globozoospermia and history of low or fertilization failure. Cell J. 2019; 21(3): 314-321.
7. Janghorban-Laricheh E, Ghazavi-Khorasgani N, Tavalaee M, Zohrabi D, Abbasi H, Nasr-Esfahani MH. An association between sperm PLCζ levels and varicocele? J Assist Reprod Genet. 2016; 33(12): 1649-1655.
8. Tavalaee M, Kiani-Esfahani A, Nasr-Esfahani MH. Relationship between phospholipase C-zeta, semen parameters, and chromatin status. Syst Biol Reprod Med. 2017; 63(4): 259-268.
9. Saleh A, Kashir J, Thanassoulas A, Safieh-Garabedian B, Lai FA, Nomikos M. Essential role of sperm-specific PLC-Zeta in egg activation and male factor infertility: an update. Front Cell Dev Biol. 2020; 8: 28.
10. Kumar N, Singh AK. Semen quality parameters in male partners of infertile couples and their correlation with socio-demographic features in rural tertiary care center of southern india: an observational study. J Infertil Reprod Biol. 2022; 10(1): 1-6.
11. Ferrer-Vaquer A, Barragan M, Freour T, Vernaeve V, Vassena R. PLCζ sequence, protein levels, and distribution in human sperm do not correlate with semen characteristics and fertilization rates after ICSI. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2016; 33(6): 747-756.
12. Grasa P, Coward K, Young C, Parrington J. The pattern of localization of the putative oocyte activation factor, phospholipase Czeta, in uncapacitated, capacitated, and ionophore-treated human spermatozoa. Hum Reprod. 2008; 23(11): 2513-2522.
13. Kashir J, Jones C, Mounce G, Ramadan WM, Lemmon B, Heindryckx B, et al. Variance in total levels of phospholipase C zeta (PLC-ζ) in human sperm may limit the applicability of quantitative immunofluorescent analysis as a diagnostic indicator of oocyte activation capability. Fertil Steril. 2013; 99(1): 107-117. e3.
14. Yelumalai S, Yeste M, Jones C, Amdani SN, Kashir J, Mounce G, et al. Total levels, localization patterns, and proportions of sperm exhibiting phospholipase C zeta are significantly correlated with fertilization rates after intracytoplasmic sperm injection. Fertil Steril. 2015; 104(3): 561-568. e4.
15. Chithiwala ZH, Lee HC, Hill DL, Jellerette-Nolan T, Fissore R, Grow D, et al. Phospholipase C-zeta deficiency as a cause for repetitive oocyte fertilization failure during ovarian stimulation for in vitro fertilization with ICSI: a case report. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2015; 32(9): 1415-1419.
16. Lee HC, Arny M, Grow D, Dumesic D, Fissore RA, Jellerette-Nolan T. Protein phospholipase C Zeta1 expression in patients with failed ICSI but with normal sperm parameters. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2014; 31(6): 749-756.
17. Bassiri F, Tavalaee M, Shiravi AH, Mansouri S, Nasr-Esfahani MH. Is there an association between HOST grades and sperm quality? Hum Reprod. 2012; 27(8): 2277-2284.
18. Stanger JD, Vo L, Yovich JL, Almahbobi G. Hypo-osmotic swelling test identifies individual spermatozoa with minimal DNA fragmentation. Reprod Biomed Online. 2010; 21(4): 474-484.
19. Lu JC, Huang YF, Lü NQ. WHO laboratory manual for the examination and processing of human semen: its applicability to andrology laboratories in China. Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue. 2010; 16(10): 867-871.
20. Bassiri F, Tavalaee M, Nasr Esfahani MH. Correlation between different patterns of hypo-osmotic swelling and sperm functional tests. Int J Fertil Steril. 2013; 7(3): 193-198.
21. Wildy ML, Boyd L, Fourie J, Makoyo O, Huyser C. The development of a simplified swim-up method for sperm processing. J Infertil Reprod Biol. 2021; 9 (4): 160-167.
22. Azad N, Nazarian H, Ghaffari Novin M, Masteri Farahani R, Piryaei A, Heidari MH. Phospholipase C zeta parameters in sperm from polymorphic teratozoospermic men. Ann Anat. 2018; 215: 63-70.
23. Hermann AJE, Sylvère NKG, Guillaume YY, Amadou CF, Marie- Florence N, Alexis BG, et al. The asthenozoospermia as a major sperm abnormality of people received in Institute Pasteur of Cote d'Ivoire for a semen analysis. J Infertil Reprod Biol. 2019; 7(3): 17- 20.
24. Penitente-Filho JM, Dias JCO, Oliveira FA, Silveira CO, Torres CAA. Correlation between sperm motility and hypoosmotic swelling test on cryopreserved goat semen. Magistra. 2015; 27(3/4): 468-473.
25. Pang MG, You YA, Park YJ, Oh SA, Kim DS, Kim YJ. Numerical chromosome abnormalities are associated with sperm tail swelling patterns. Fertil Steril. 2010; 94(3): 1012-1020.
26. Jeyendran RS, Van der Ven HH, Perez-Pelaez M, Crabo BG, Zaneveld LJ. Development of an assay to assess the functional integrity of the human sperm membrane and its relationship to other semen characteristics. J Reprod Fertil. 1984; 70(1): 219-228.
27. Ozdemir U, Atayurt Z, Sik A, Ozdamar O, Aba YA, Ozolcay O. Can hypo-osmotic swelling test (host) improve pregnancy outcomes in unexplained iinfertility patients with normal semen parameters undergoing ICSI-frozen embryo transfer cycles? Clin Exp Health Sci. 2021; 11(3): 536-542.
28. Hossain A, Osuamkpe C, Hossain S, Phelps JY. Spontaneously developed tail swellings (SDTS) influence the accuracy of the hypo-osmotic swelling test (HOS-test) in determining membrane integrity and viability of human spermatozoa. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2010; 27(2-3): 83-86.
29. Kashir J, Mistry BV, BuSaleh L, Abu-Dawas R, Nomikos M, Ajlan A, et al. Phospholipase C zeta profiles are indicative of optimal sperm parameters and fertilisation success in patients undergoing fertility treatment. Andrology. 2020; 8(5): 1143-1159.
30. Heytens E, Parrington J, Coward K, Young C, Lambrecht S, Yoon SY, et al. Reduced amounts and abnormal forms of phospholipase C zeta (PLCzeta) in spermatozoa from infertile men. Hum Reprod. 2009; 24(10): 2417-2428.
31. Kashir J, Konstantinidis M, Jones C, Lemmon B, Lee HC, Hamer R, et al. A maternally inherited autosomal point mutation in human phospholipase C zeta (PLCζ) leads to male infertility. Hum Reprod. 2012; 27(1): 222-231.
32. Aras-Tosun D, Cakar Z, Can A, Ozkavukcu S, Kaplanoglu I, Cinar O. Phospholipase C-zeta levels are not correlated with fertilisation rates in infertile couples. Andrologia. 2022; 54(1): e14269.
33. Aarabi M, Balakier H, Bashar S, Moskovtsev SI, Sutovsky P, Librach CL, et al. Sperm content of postacrosomal WW binding protein is related to fertilization outcomes in patients undergoing assisted reproductive technology. Fertil Steril. 2014; 102(2): 440-447.
34. Escoffier J, Lee HC, Yassine S, Zouari R, Martinez G, Karaouzène T, et al. Homozygous mutation of PLCZ1 leads to defective human oocyte activation and infertility that is not rescued by the WW-binding protein PAWP. Hum Mol Genet. 2016; 25(5): 878-891.
35. Cox LJ, Larman MG, Saunders CM, Hashimoto K, Swann K, Lai FA. Sperm phospholipase Czeta from humans and cynomolgus monkeys triggers Ca2+ oscillations, activation and development of mouse oocytes. Reproduction. 2002; 124(5): 611-623.
36. Morrell JM, Alsina MS, Abraham MC, Sjunnesson Y. Practical applications of sperm selection techniques for improving reproduction efficiency. Anim Reprod. 2016; 13(3): 340-345.
37. Kashir J, Heynen A, Jones C, Durrans C, Craig J, Gadea J, et al. Effects of cryopreservation and density-gradient washing on phospholipase C zeta concentrations in human spermatozoa. Reprod Biomed Online. 2011; 23(2): 263-267.
38. Park JH, Kim SK, Kim J, Kim JH, Chang JH, Jee BC, et al. Relationship between phospholipase C zeta immunoreactivity and DNA fragmentation and oxidation in human sperm. Obstet Gynecol Sci. 2015; 58(3): 232-238.
39. Tavalaee M, Kiani-Esfahani A, Nasr-Esfahani MH. Relationship between potential sperm factors involved in oocyte activation and sperm DNA fragmentation with intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection clinical outcomes. Cell J. 2017; 18(4): 588-596.
40. Bhattacharya SM. Hypo-osmotic swelling test and unexplained repeat early pregnancy loss. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2010; 36(1): 119-122.