1. Raigani M, Yaghmaei B, Amirjannti N, Lakpour N, Akhondi MM, Zeraati H, et al. The micronutrient supplements, zinc sulphate and folic acid, did not ameliorate sperm functional parameters in oligoasthenoteratozoospermic men. Andrologia. 2014; 46(9): 956- 962.
2. Kurzawski M, Wajda A, Malinowski D, Kazienko A, Kurzawa R, Drozdzik M. Association study of folate-related enzymes (MTHFR, MTR, MTRR) genetic variants with non-obstructive male infertility in a Polish population. Genet Mol Biol. 2015; 38(1): 42-47.
3. Liu K, Zhao R, Shen M, Ye J, Li X, Huang Y, et al. Role of genetic mutations in folate-related enzyme genes on male infertility. Sci Rep. 2015; 5: 1-13.
4. Ren Z, Ren P, Yang B, Fang K, Ren S, Liao J, et al. MTHFR C677T, A1298C and MS A2756G gene polymorphisms and male infertility risk in a chinese population: a meta-analysis. PLoS One. 2017; 12(1): e0169789.
5. Yang B, Fan S, Zhi X, Wang D, Li Y, Wang Y, et al. Associations of MTHFR C677T and MTRR A66G gene polymorphisms with metabolic syndrome: a case-control study in Northern China. Int J Mol Sci. 2014; 15(12): 21687-21702.
6. Kim SY, Lim JW, Kim JW, Park SY, Seo JT. Association between genetic polymorphisms in folate-related enzyme genes and infertile men with non-obstructive azoospermia. Syst Biol Reprod Med. 2015; 61(5): 286-292.
7. Shi TL, Wu Y, Li Y, Chen ZF, Ma YN, Zhang ZT, et al. The relevance of MTHFR C677T, A1298C, and MTRR A66G polymorphisms with response to male infertility in Asians: a meta-analysis. Medicine. 2019; 98(8): e14283.
8. Ni W, Li H, Wu A, Zhang P, Yang H, Yang X, et al. Lack of association between genetic polymorphisms in three folate-related enzyme genes and male infertility in the Chinese population. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2015; 32(3): 369-374.
9. Varga EA, Sturm AC, Misita CP, Moll S. Cardiology patient pages. Homocysteine and MTHFR mutations: relation to thrombosis and coronary artery disease. Circulation. 2005; 111(19): e289-e293.
10. Weiner AS, Boyarskikh UA, Voronina EN, Tupikin AE, Korolkova OV, Morozov IV, et al. Polymorphisms in folate-metabolizing genes and risk of idiopathic male infertility: a study on a Russian population and a meta-analysis. Fertil Steril. 2014; 101(1): 87-94.
11. Cortese C, Motti C. MTHFR gene polymorphism, homocysteine and cardiovascular disease. Public Health Nutr. 2001; 4(2b): 493-497.
12. Vazharova R, Kremensky I. Individual capacity for DNA repair and maintenance of genomic integrity: a fertile ground for studies in the field of assisted reproduction. Biotechnol Biotechnol Equip. 2016; 30(3): 419-433.
13. Du B, Tian H, Tian D, Zhang C, Wang W, Wang L, et al. Genetic polymorphisms of key enzymes in folate metabolism affect the efficacy of folate therapy in patients with hyperhomocysteinaemia. Br J Nutr. 2018; 119(8): 887-895.
14. World Health Organization. WHO laboratory manual for the examination and processing of human semen. 5th ed. New York: Cambridge University Press; 2010.
15. Zhang Z, Shi Q, Liu Z, Sturgis EM, Spitz MR, Wei Q. Polymorphisms of methionine synthase and methionine synthase reductase and risk of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck: a casecontrol analysis. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2005; 14(5): 1188-1193.
16. Zandemami M, Qujeq D, Akhondi MM, Kamali K, Raygani M, Lakpour N, et al. Correlation of CMA3 staining with sperm quality and protamine deficiency. Lab Med. 2012; 43(6): 262-267.
17. Kelly TLJ, Neaga OR, Schwahn BC, Rozen R, Trasler JM. Infertility in 5, 10-methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR)- deficient male mice is partially alleviated by lifetime dietary betaine supplementation. Biol Reprod. 2005; 72(3): 667-677.
18. Gong M, Dong W, He T, Shi Z, Huang G, Ren R, et al. MTHFR 677C>T polymorphism increases the male infertility risk: a metaanalysis involving 26 studies. PLoS One. 2015; 10(3): e0121147.
19. Ravel C, Chantot-Bastaraud S, Chalmey C, Barreiro L, Aknin- Seifer I, Pfeffer J, et al. Lack of association between genetic polymorphisms in enzymes associated with folate metabolism and unexplained reduced sperm counts. PLoS One. 2009; 4(8): e6540.
20. Crha I, Kralikova M, Melounova J, Ventruba P, Zakova J, Beharka R, et al. Seminal plasma homocysteine, folate and cobalamin in men with obstructive and non-obstructive azoospermia. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2010; 27(9-10): 533-538.
21. Murphy LE, Mills JL, Molloy AM, Qian C, Carter TC, Strevens H, et al. Folate and vitamin B12 in idiopathic male infertility. Asian J Androl. 2011; 13(6): 856-861.
22. Najafipour R, Moghbelinejad S, Aleyasin A, Jalilvand A. Effect of B9 and B12 vitamin intake on semen parameters and fertility of men with MTHFR polymorphisms. Andrology. 2017; 5(4): 704-710.