1. WHO. Infertility is a global public health issue. Available from: https://www.who.int/reproductivehealth/topics/infertility/perspective/en/. (26 Nov 2019).
2. Wasilewski T, Łukaszewicz-Zając M, Wasilewska J, Mroczko B. Biochemis try of infertility. Clin Chim Acta. 2020; 508: 185-190.
3. Datta J, Palmer MJ, Tanton C, Gibson LJ, Jones KG, Macdowall W, et al. Prevalence of infertility and help seeking among 15 000 women and men. Hum Reprod. 2016; 31(9): 2108-2118.
4. Slade P, O'Neill C, Simpson AJ, Lashen H. The relationship between perceived s tigma, disclosure patterns, support and dis tress in new attendees at an infertility clinic. Hum Reprod. 2007; 22(8): 2309-2317.
5. Hasanpoor-Azghady SB, Simbar M, Vedadhir AA, Azin SA, Amiri-Farahani L. The social cons truction of infertility among iranian infertile women: a qualitative s tudy. J Reprod Infertil. 2019; 20(3): 178-190.
6. Fu B, Qin N, Cheng L, Tang G, Cao Y, Yan C, et al. Development and validation of an infertility s tigma scale for chinese women. J Psychosom Res. 2015; 79(1): 69-75.
7. Karaca A, Unsal G. Psychosocial problems and coping s trategies among Turkish women with infertility. Asian Nurs Res (Korean Soc Nurs Sci). 2015; 9(3): 243-250.
8. Greil AL, Slauson-Blevins K, McQuillan J. The experience of infertility: a review of recent literature. Sociol Health Illn. 2010; 32(1): 140-162.
9. Fledderjohann JJ. 'Zero is not good for me': implications of infertility in Ghana. Hum Reprod. 2012; 27(5): 1383-1390.
10. Pacheco Palha A, Lourenco MF. Psychological and cross-cultural aspects of infertility and human sexuality. Adv Psychosom Med. 2011; 31: 164-183.
11. Goffman E. S tigma: notes on the management of spoiled identity. New York: Simon and Schus ter; 2009.
12. Carter J, Applegarth L, Josephs L, Grill E, Baser RE, Rosenwaks Z. A cross-sectional cohort s tudy of infertile women awaiting oocyte donation: the emotional, sexual, and quality-of-life impact. Fertil S teril. 2011; 95(2): 711-716. e1.
13. Donkor ES, Sandall J. The impact of perceived s tigma and mediating social factors on infertility-related s tress among women seeking infertility treatment in Southern Ghana. Soc Sci Med. 2007; 65(8): 1683-1694.
14. S ternke EA, Abrahamson K. Perceptions of women with infertility on s tigma and disability. Sex Disabil. 2015; 33(1): 3-17.
15. O'Brien BC, Harris IB, Beckman TJ, Reed DA, Cook DA. S tandards for reporting qualitative research: a synthesis of recommendations. Acad Med. 2014; 89(9): 1245-1251.
16. Guba E, Lincoln Y. Effective evaluation: improving the usefulness of evaluation results throgh responsive and naturalis tic approaches. 1s t ed. San francisco: CA: Jossey-Bass; 1981.
17. O’Connor C, Joffe H. Intercoder reliability in qualitative research: debates and practical guidelines. Int J Qual Methods. 2020; 19: 1609406919899220.
18. LoBiondo-Wood G, Haber J. Nursing research: methods and critical appraisal for evidence-based practice. 6th ed. S t. Louis: Mosby Elsevier; 2006.
19. Dyer SJ, Abrahams N, Hoffman M, van der Spuy ZM. Men leave me as I cannot have children: women's experiences with involuntary childlessness. Hum Reprod. 2002; 17(6): 1663-1668.
20. Kearney AL, White KM. Examining the psychosocial determinants of women's decisions to delay childbearing. Hum Reprod. 2016; 31(8): 1776-1787.
21. Luk BH, Loke AY. The impact of infertility on the psychological well-being, marital relationships, sexual relationships, and quality of life of couples: a sys tematic review. J Sex Marital Ther. 2015; 41(6): 610-625.
22. Mumtaz Z, Shahid U, Levay A. Unders tanding the impact of gendered roles on the experiences of infertility amongs t men and women in Punjab. Reprod Health. 2013; 10: 3.
23. Diamond R, Meyers M, Kezur D, Scharf CN, Weinshel M. Couple therapy for infertility. Newyork: Guilford; 1991.
24. Dimka RA, Dein SL. The work of a woman is to give birth to children: cultural cons tructions of infertility in Nigeria. Afr J Reprod Health. 2013; 17(2): 102-117.
25. Younesi SJ, Akbari-Zardkhaneh S, Behjati Ardakani Z. Evaluating s tigma among infertile men and women in Iran. J Reprod Infertil. 2006; 6(5): 531-546.
26. Alhassan A, Ziblim AR, Muntaka S. A survey on depression among infertile women in Ghana. BMC Women's Health. 2014; 14(1): 42.
27. Fahami F, Quchani SH, Ehsanpour S, Boroujeni AZ. Lived experience of infertile men with male infertility cause. Iran J Nurs Midwifery Res. 2010; 15 Suppl 1: 265-271.
28. Gonzalez LO. Infertility as a transformational process: a framework for psychotherapeutic support of infertile women. Issues Ment Health Nurs. 2000; 21(6): 619-633.
29. Musa R, Ramli R, Yazmie AWA, Khadijah MBS, Hayati MY, Midin M, et al. A preliminary s tudy of the psychological differences in infertile couples and their relation to the coping s tyles. Compr Psychiatry. 2014; 55 Suppl 1: S65-S69.
30. Cizmeli C, Lobel M, Franasiak J, Pas tore LM. Levels and associations among self-es teem, fertility dis tress, coping, and reaction to potentially being a genetic carrier in women with diminished ovarian reserve. Fertil S teril. 2013; 99(7): 2037-2044. e3.
31. Anokye R, Acheampong E, Mprah WK, Ope JO, Barivure TN. Psychosocial effects of infertility among couples attending S t. Michael's Hospital, Jachie-Pramso in the Ashanti Region of Ghana. BMC Res Notes. 2017; 10(1): 690.
32. Kato A, Fujimaki Y, Fujimori S, Isogawa A, Onishi Y, Suzuki R, et al. Association between self-s tigma and self-care behaviors in patients with type 2 diabetes: a cross-sectional s tudy. BMJ Open Diabetes Res Care. 2016; 4(1): e000156.
33. Ceballo R, Graham ET, Hart J. Silent and infertile: an intersectional analysis of the experiences of socioeconomically diverse African American women with infertility. Psychol Women Q. 2015; 39(4): 497-511.
34. Ranjbar F, Behboodi-Moghadam Z, Borimnejad L, Ghaffari SR, Akhondi MM. Experiences of infertile women seeking assis ted pregnancy in Iran: a qualitative s tudy. J Reprod Infertil. 2015; 16(4): 221-228.
35. Ried K, Alfred A. Quality of life, coping s trategies and support needs of women seeking Traditional Chinese Medicine for infertility and viable pregnancy in Aus tralia: a mixed methods approach. BMC Women's Health. 2013; 13: 17.
36. Kabeer N. Resources, agency, achievements: Reflections on the measurement of women's empowerment. Dev Change. 1999; 30(3): 435-464.
37. Kiesswetter M, Marsoner H, Luehwink A, Fis tarol M, Mahlknecht A, Duschek S. Impairments in life satisfaction in infertility: Associations with perceived s tress, affectivity, partnership quality, social support and the desire to have a child. Behav Med. 2020; 46(2): 130-141.
38. Dennis CL. Peer support within a health care context: a concept analysis. Int J Nurs S tud. 2003; 40(3): 321-332.
39. Alavi NM, Alami L, Taefi S, Gharabagh GS. Factor analysis of self-treatment in diabetes mellitus: a cross-sectional s tudy. BMC Public Health. 2011; 11: 761.